To Our Valued Customers:
Our priority is the health and safety of our customers, guests, and employees.
With the rapidly shifting characteristics of COVID-19, Waterways Cruises and Events is continually assessing the virus’ potential impact on our employees and passengers.
Waterways Cruises adheres to Executive Order 13988 (updated from time to time), U.S. Coast Guard health and safety regulations for commercial passenger vessels, and CDC, Washington State and City of Seattle recommended and mandated public health policies.
Conforming to these public health protocols, Waterways Cruises has adopted the following policies to protect the health and safety of all our guests and crew:
- Masks – Passengers, ages 3 and older, are required to wear masks while boarding, on board, and disembarking Waterways’ vessel. Masks may only be removed while actively drinking or dining or while on outer decks.
- Vaccinations – Passengers, ages 12 and older, on boarding must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative antigen or PCR COVID-19 test performed within 72 hours prior to boarding. If guests or crew are unable to provide vaccination proof or a negative COVID-19 test result, they will be unable to board.
In addition, Waterways Cruises will adhere to the following health and safety protocols aboard its vessels:
- Capacity Limitations – Vessel capacity and party sizes will be limited to no more than the established “maximums approved” by local and state public health authorities.
- Social Distancing – Prior to boarding, guests will be directed to wait in a designated boarding area allowing for appropriate social distancing. Each passenger group will be asked to stay at a safe appropriate distance from other groups during the cruise.
- Stringent Cleaning – Waterways has increased the frequency of disinfecting all surfaces and high traffic areas, before, during and after each cruise. High touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected by the crew throughout the cruise.
- Crew Health and Wellness Checks – Each Waterways Cruises crew member is fully vaccinated, receives daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and COVID-19 symptom-free and are required to wear masks during the cruise.
- Guest Wellness Checks – If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms of sickness of any kind, we encourage you to stay home and get well.
We appreciate your support and understanding of these special measures being put into place on our vessels at this time.
Waterways Cruises and Events Management