Cruise and Event Lead
Waterways is looking for a group of core leadership to join our team year-round! The Cruise/Event Lead is a mature individual, who is responsible for a successful execution of an onboard event. This position thrives on delivering the best guest experience while leading an onboard team. This individual will be dedicated and possess expletory skills in leadership, organization, time management, excellent communication, and good judgment.
- Learn More
Waterways is looking for a group of core leadership to join our team year-round! The Cruise/Event Lead is a mature individual, who is responsible for a successful execution of an onboard event. This position thrives on delivering the best guest experience while leading an onboard team. This individual will be dedicated and possess exemplary skills in leadership, organization, time management, excellent communication, and good judgment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced operation, while maintaining poise and hospitality.
- Be on board yacht at scheduled in time for crew, ready to start pre-shift briefing.
- Prepare layouts based on guest count, client needs, and staffing level. Review all contract details with the crew and set expectations for the event.
- Manage onboard team throughout the event. Direct and help team as needed while being a gracious host to guests onboard.
- Assign and direct crew in their position related responsibilities, including side work, resets, and cleaning of F&B areas.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, wipe, push, pull and lift items up to 50 pounds.
- Direct and lead set up/tear down before and after shift.
- Monitor and evaluate all food, beverage, and service quality during events. Be a host with guests and ensure satisfaction is being met throughout cruise/event experience.
- Able to think of their feet and problem solve.
- Support the staff with all safety requirements, while communicating essential information regarding the event.
- Keep all vessels in “Show-Ready” condition.
- Completion of Senior Deckhand training, including, but not limited to, vessel operations, fire safety, CPR/AED, line handling, and First Aid (preferred).
- Be proactive in communicating with General Manager, Operations Manager, and Operations Coordinator when work order is needed or supplies are low.
- Responsible for accurately filling out reports (event reports, or injuries). Confirm information with the captain and have them send to appropriate parties.
- This position requires pre and random drug testing as mandated by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- 3 years working in the hospitality industry
- Minimum 1 year as a Manager/Supervisor in Food & Beverage
- Understands the importance of safety in the workplace and adheres to all mandated standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bulk of business occurs nights, weekends and holidays so availability during those times is a must. A flexible schedule is required.
- $17/an hour
How to Apply:
- To be considered for this position, please send resume and cover letter to our General Manager, Jeff Culton at [email protected].
- Waterways will assist in tracking sea time. An individual that reaches 2 yrs of service with the company and has accrued enough sea time, will be eligible for assistance from the company in obtaining their AB License, Mates License, and up to, and possibly including, 100 ton Master’s license.
- After three months working at Waterways, employees will receive four tickets to any standard dining cruise, to be used within a year.
- Waterways provides employees a Friends and Family discount of 25% off standard dining cruises.
About Waterways Cruises and Events:
Founded in 1994, Waterways Cruises and Events continues to provide distinctive cruising experiences on Seattle’s lakes and Puget Sound. Family owned and operated, Waterways has grown from a single yacht for private charters to include four beautiful dining and entertainment yachts, accommodating over 60,000 guests per year for weddings, corporate events, special celebrations, and public dining cruises. For an Unforgettable Experience … Just Add Water!
Pre-employment background checks and drug/alcohol screening required for all positions. Random drug/alcohol testing also required as mandated by the USCG.