We are seeking experienced Captains looking for a working environment where superior marine and communication skills are valued.
- Learn More
Waterways Cruises and Events, Seattle’s leading dining cruise company, is seeking experienced Captains looking for a working environment where superior marine and communication skills are valued and creativity and cooperation are encouraged.
Waterways Cruises’ Captains love what they do, take pride in themselves and in their vessels, are comfortable around people, enjoy interfacing with our guests, and can provide great customer service.
A flexible schedule is required – schedules include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Position specific responsibilities:
- Professionally pilot and handle twin screw vessels, often in difficult marine environments.
- Ensure that the safety of passengers, crew, and the vessel is the highest operational priority.
- Adhere to all USCG rules and regulations necessary for safe vessel operations.
- Understand all vessel operational systems and how they function.
- Create a friendly, inviting environment for passengers: greet guests when they board, provide safety and other announcements; answer guest’s questions; provide an informative cruise narration; visit with guests at appropriate times; and thank guests as they disembark.
- Build a team environment with crew on our vessels to ensure a safe and unforgettable experience for our guest on every cruise.
- Handle all guest and employee issues on our vessels in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assist crew in the set-up or tear-down for events onboard our vessels as needed.
- Assist in maintaining Waterways’ vessels in excellent condition.
- Maintain vessel helm and engineering logs, and complete Company required pre- and post-cruise paperwork in a timely and workmanlike manner.
- Be the face of Waterways–always appropriately groomed, smartly dressed in a clean uniform, and courteous to passengers and other crew members.
Minumum position requirements:
- USCG Merchant Mariner Certification – 100-ton License
- TWIC card
- FCC Radio Operators License
- CPR and First Aid credentials
- Basic computer skills
- Depending upon experience.
Pre-employment background checks and drug/alcohol screening required for all positions. Random drug/alcohol testing also required as mandated by the USCG.
Waterways Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, pregnancy, veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Waterways Cruises will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law. Waterways Cruises maintains a drug-free workplace.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume.